The North American market for ovarian cancer diagnostics and therapeutics accounted for USD 479 million in 2015 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 10-16% till 2020.
Ovarian cancer is caused by an uncontrollable cell growth in the ovarian tissue. It is a growing concern, as it is one of the most common causes of death in women across the globe. Thereby, the need to develop new medication and therapies for the effective treatment of this disease, and new methods for the timely diagnosis of ovarian cancer is increasing. Thus the market for ovarian cancer diagnostics and therapeutics is at a stage of huge development. North America dominates the global market for ovarian cancer diagnostics and therapeutics.
The market for ovarian cancer diagnostics and therapeutics is segmented on the basis of:
Epithelial ovarian tumors
Ovarian germ cell tumors
Ovarian stromal tumors
Primary peritoneal carcinoma
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) test
Localized ovarian cancer therapeutics
Metastatic ovarian cancer therapeutics
Recurrent ovarian cancer therapeutics
Some of the major companies operating in the ovarian cancer market are Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novogen, Inc., Genentech Inc., Astra Zeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH and F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.
Increasing incidences of ovarian cancer worldwide
Increasing population of aged women
Greater use of combination therapies for the treatment
Increase in healthcare expenditure
Increased government funding
Increasing healthcare awareness
Launch of generic drugs
Patent expiry of key drugs
Lack of accurate diagnosis of ovarian cancer
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.